Monday, August 28, 2017

What Does Pursuing Success Really Mean?

In order to truly pursue success, you must accurately define what success you are pursuing and when.

You must have a clear vision of the dream you want to realize and then take action.   success risk wealth

When I was just starting out in my career as an accountant, success to me meant becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).

So, for two years, I studied and kept taking the CPA exam until I passed.

When I received notification that I had finally passed the exam, I felt like a huge success.

Once I got my CPA license, I decided to go to graduate school to get my Masters in Taxation.

Now, success to me meant getting that Masters Degree.

When I completed my last course and received my Masters Degree in Taxation, I felt successful.

One of my most important goals in life was to get all three of my children through college.

Towards this end, I saved as much money as I could every month and pursued additional streams of income. 

ad_rhph

I obsessed over this goal for 15 years.

In my mind I felt like a major success.

In 2009, I decided I wanted to write a book.

In took 18 months for my first book to get published.

When I held that book in my hand, I felt like a huge success.

After that first book, my definition of success changed.

I decided I wanted to become one of the most successful self-help authors/experts in the world.

I am still pursuing this success.

You see, your definition of success changes during your lifetime.

It’s not necessarily fixed in stone.

Dreams change as we get on with life.

And that’s ok.

The key is to see each dream through – to never quit until you realize the dream. success invest

That’s what the successful, self-made millionaires in my Rich Habits study did.

They pursued success until they realized each one of their dreams.

For some it took longer than for others.

But the one common denominator they all shared is: they pursued a dream or big goal and did not quit until they realized success.

Dreams provide the vision, action makes those dreams become reality.

Success is the realization of each one of your dreams.



from Property UpdateProperty Update https://propertyupdate.com.au/what-does-pursuing-success-really-mean/

No comments:

Post a Comment